Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Lessons Learned

There are many lessons in this life that need to be learned. How one goes about this, seems entirely arbitrary. In my life I have always taken the road less traveled. Lessons in life have always come to be difficult.
It pains me when I see others going in the same direction that I went through and not able to help with knowledge that I have obtained.
One of the most obvious lessons that I have learned in my long life: One is not always as strong as they think they are. Why does it always have to be one person in the family that everyone else turns to either in times of tragedy, for advice, money, or for what ever.... I have a love hate relationship with this role. While being needed can seem nice, even wonderful at times, there will always be a price for this. That price, I have found, Tends to be steep. As a result, I now have very strained relationships with what's left of my family. I no longer talk to my mother, though the latter will rarely trouble me.
I say rarely if only for one reason: sometimes I miss the thought of having a mother. The Song by Kellie Pickler: I wonder, seems to tap into this reserve of misery that I cannot seem to shed no matter how far I try to bury it. (Make the song about a boy, rather than a girl.)

Another lesson that I learned the hard way: God always provides unto us what we need. Nothing more, nothing less. Sure we would like to have more, some pray for relief, while others pray for various other reasons. Every one, whether we like it or not, have lessons to be learned in this life. God always makes sure that we learn what we need to, when we need to. I am a stubborn person, impatient would be an understatement at times in my life. I generally take charge when I see that no one either can or willing.
Patience will always be something that I will need to work on, I truly believe that God gave me this last job to teach me patience, acceptance and to remind me that things are not as bad nor as hopeless as we may think.

Keep your hearts & minds open - there's probably someone willing to teach you something that they have already learned. After all, you do not need to recreate the wheel.

Always Leave things/something better than you found it.